As human beings, it’s essential for us to have access to healthy, clean water. For this reason, water treatment and filtration are among the most important investments you’ll make. Water is an important part of our everyday lives, whether we’re preparing a meal, showering after a long day, or simply drinking a glass of water. When it comes to your water supply, you should never settle for second-rate filtration systems. Below, we’ve provided an easy guide to water filtration systems so you can make the right choice for you and your family.
First, Know Your Priorities
Before selecting the right water filtration system, it’s critical to understand your needs. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself prior to beginning your search:
- Where is my water sourced (city/municipal water systems or a private well)?
- Are there specific pollutants I want to eliminate?
- How many family members live in my house?
- Am I only looking to filter drinking water, or water for my entire home?
Consider Testing with Atlantic Blue Water Services
It’s always a good idea to have a water test performed before you choose a filtration system. After all, water treatment is an investment, and you want to make sure you’ve inspected your supply before making a purchase. Our comprehensive testing process identifies everything from hard water issues to viruses and pathogens. From there, our Water Specialists will tell you about our filtration solutions and provide helpful advice. We also offer continued maintenance after a filtration system has been installed.
Whole House Filters
Whole house filters are linked to the main water supply line. This allows filtered water to enter the home through showers, faucets and appliances like dishwashers. Many residents opt for whole house filters because, once installed, they can enjoy clean water everywhere in the home. While there is an initial investment, homeowners love having an all-in-one solution that removes contaminants effectively.
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we offer the following whole house filters for our customers:
Ion Pro AirCat & Ion Pro FE
- Gets rid of stains and odors caused by iron and sulfur
- Highly cost-effective
- Eco-friendly, no chemicals or salt needed
- Treats and neutralizes acidic water, which can cause corrosion
- Eliminates off-putting chlorine taste and odor
- Eradicates unwanted particles effectively
- Self-adjusts to your water supply
CareSoft Elite- Softener
- Removes minerals that stain your plumbing fixtures and eliminates foul tastes and odors
- Reduces hardness making your detergents and appliances operate more efficiently
- Minimizes water and salt use to save you money
- Monitors and self-adjusts to water use patterns and changes
- This system is available with W.E.T.
Reverse Osmosis Filtration
The effectiveness of Reverse Osmosis has made it one of the most popular choices for filtration. This type of filtration is also ideal for eliminating tough substances like dissolved minerals and salt. The process typically involves up to five stages of filtration steps, which makes it incredibly thorough. Reverse Osmosis systems are also eco-friendly because they operate via water pressure. This means it does not require electricity to function.
If you’re interested in Reverse Osmosis filtration for your home, we highly recommend our Puromax Reverse Osmosis Unit:
- Filters heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride, and many other particles
- Highly cost-effective and simple to maintain
- Much better quality than traditional bottled water
On some occasions, you may want a filtration system suited to a specific purpose. Some filters, for example, work to eliminate certain contaminants like Nitrates. This works well for homeowners who already have a filtration system in place and may be looking for supplementary treatment. This is also beneficial for people who are extremely sensitive to some types of pollutants.
Our specialty filters include:
2-Stage Drinking Water System
- Reduces Nitrates and Lead
- Improves water taste and eliminates odors
- Comes with a faucet and built-in meter system for monitoring
Chemical Injection System
- Removes acid without creating hard water
- Reduces bacteria and odors with Chlorine
- Can be paired with sediment, Carbon, Lead, Nitrate and other specialty filters
No matter what type of filtration you require, the experts at Atlantic Blue Water Center can help you find the right fit. Book an appointment with us today, or visit our water solution center for more information.
Learn More about Water Filtration Systems with Atlantic Blue Water Services
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we believe that everyone in our community deserves access to efficient, professional testing and water treatment services. That’s why we offer FREE water testing. We serve all of central Maryland, including Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, and South Central PA Counties.
You can count on our team for accurate water analysis and cost-effective solutions for acidic water and much more! Our water treatment services are the best in the state, and we can remedy all manner of water supply issues from high sulfur content to hard water and everything in between. When we’re done, you can rest assured that your drinking water is safe, pure—and delicious.
Give us a call at 410-840-2583 or fill out our quick contact form to get better water for your home or business today!