Safe and clean water should be something that all of us enjoy without a second thought. However, the water that we drink and use every day around the house is not always as clean and pure as it might appear to be when it comes out of the tap. Our eyes are not equipped to detect bacteria and particles as small as what could be present in your drinking water. Some people experience a color or scent that indicates a problem, while other issues are much more subtle and could lead to health problems before you ever notice something is wrong.
The best way to determine if there is an issue in your home is with a water test in Pikesville, MD. Atlantic Blue Water Services’ professional water testing process is carefully designed to detect any minerals, compounds or chemicals present in your home’s water supply. Some of these chemicals and minerals are completely harmless and are not a danger to your family or health. Others can be serious and require immediate water treatment. Our team is licensed and insured, and we have the years of experience needed to provide homeowners like you with a reliable water test in Pikesville, MD, and additional water treatment if necessary.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Pikesville, MD?
The United States has a safe and reliable drinking water system on a national level, but those national results are not always indicative of local water supply health. 10% of Americans use private wells that are not reflected in national testing results. All of these homeowners are at an increased risk of being exposed to contaminants without ever realizing it. Only a water test in Pikesville, MD can determine the exact things in your home’s water supply.
Some of the signs that there is an issue with your water supply that requires professional testing and treatment include:
- Water that has a strange taste or tastes like chlorine, metal, grass or dirt
- Water that smells like rotten eggs or that smells unusual
- Plumbing fixtures that have visible limescale buildup
- Dishes and clothes that are stained or discolored after washing
- Family members who have unexplained illness, particularly gastrointestinal illness and particularly after moving into a new home, apartment or rental property
- Hair and skin that feel dry or not hydrated even after taking a shower
- Plumbing problems that happen on a regular basis
- Older plumbing that could contain lead or has not been tested for lead
- Radon in the region or in the air indoors
- Having difficulty getting soaps to lather
- Scaly residue on items that were washed
- Agricultural, coal, mining or gas drilling operations close to the home that are new, changed their operating capacity or that are located near a home that you just moved into or purchased
- Salty taste in the water
- A lingering odor of gasoline or fuel oil outdoors
- Poor water quality reported at other homes in the neighborhood
Because we care about your health and safety, we offer a free water test in Pikesville, MD. This test will equip you with the information you need to make responsible decisions about your home’s water supply.
What Compounds and Chemicals Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Pikesville, MD?
Our tests are comprehensive and designed to detect a broad range of substances that could be hazardous to your health.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
If you have a private drinking water supply or well, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends annual water testing to ensure it is safe. The testing will give you peace of mind and concrete evidence of exactly what is in your water. If you are expecting a child, the EPA has more aggressive recommendations and recommends testing water at least once before the baby is born and at least once during the first six months of the child’s life. When you contact Atlantic Blue Water Services for your water test in Pikesville, MD, be sure to let us know about any issues you have noticed that might influence which tests should be run. For example, if you need testing because there was a chemical spill in your community that might have entered your water supply, VOC testing will be a necessity.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Pikesville, MD
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water test in Pikesville, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.