It is essential that you and your family members have access to safe water. Unfortunately, however, you may be drinking water that contains dangerous pollutants. This might sound alarming, but it is actually a common problem that is usually simple to resolve. A low-quality water supply can be caused by inefficient storage or damaged piping around your home. Whatever the reason, this is something you should address immediately. If you notice that the water you’re drinking has a bizarre taste, smell or color, it may be time to get your water assessed. You should have a water test completed regularly to detect contaminants that may not be visible to the naked eye.
Our trained experts at Atlantic Blue Water Services will conduct your water test in Odenton, MD with the care and attention to detail you deserve. During the test, we will identify any pollutants in your water supply and follow up with several effective solutions.
What Pollutants Will Be Identified During a Water Test in Odenton, MD?
If you don’t test your water, there’s no way to know if there is an issue. A water test in Odenton, MD, can reveal a wide number of contaminants and impurities in your water supply:
- Hard water (build-up of calcium and magnesium)
- Inadequate pH levels
- A surplus of fluoride
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Microorganisms and bacteria
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Why You May Require a Water Test in Odenton, MD
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of water systems across the nation. They update policies and regulations regularly to persist in their efforts. However, 100% pure water is never a guarantee. The only way to know for sure that your water is safe is to have a water test done. If you’re wondering when you should call your local experts for a water test in Odenton, MD, here are a few signs that indicate it’s time for a test:
- Bad taste. If your water tastes unappealing, you should get your water tested. In most cases, this isn’t just your taste buds acting up. Trust your instincts; it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Your soap won’t lather. Have you been using a ton of soap to get your dishes, clothes, and body clean? Has your skin felt dry or grimy after a shower? This could be due to hard water, which can be resolved with softeners.
- Chemical smell. Your pool water should smell like chlorine, but your drinking water should not! If it has a metallic or earthy taste, you should get your water tested.
- Dirty-looking water. Your water should be clear and pristine. If it has a yellowish tint or contains specks of debris, there are probably unwanted substances in your water.
- Plumbing issues or build-up on fixtures. Have your faucets been difficult to clean lately? If there is an accumulation of scum or limescale around these areas, or you’ve had frequent plumbing problems, you should call for a water test in Odenton, MD.
- Water supply issues in your community. If your neighbors have mentioned any water problems they’ve had, be proactive. There’s a high chance your supply could also be affected.
Contact Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Odenton, MD
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we perform water testing and offer filtration systems that keep your water fresh and pure. After we perform a water test in Odenton, MD, we determine the best treatment to ensure your water is safe. Our water testing process is fast and easy, and we immediately identify the source of contamination. We also offer continued maintenance and testing services so you catch contaminants before they become significant health hazards. Any home or business needs clean water for everyone’s health and well-being. Don’t wait until there’s something wrong with your water supply – call us at 410-544-0088.