Your family deserves water that is safe, clean and free from any contaminants. While you might think that the water being supplied to your home from your local water treatment facility or private well is clean, that isn’t always the case. The water that we use to drink, clean, cook and wash our clothes can have hidden particles and chemicals that are invisible to the naked eye. Many homeowners do not know that there are bacteria, viruses or other dangerous contaminants inside of their water until they see a visible side effect.
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we can provide you with a water test in Manchester, MD. Our comprehensive water tests are perfect for any situation, whether you purchased a new home or are experiencing health issues and not sure if your water could be the catalyst behind them. We use professional water testing processes that can detect small amounts of dangerous compounds, chemicals, minerals and other hazards that could be in your water supply. Some of the things that our water tests pick up on are completely harmless, but others will require filtration solutions to protect you. We are your best resource for a water test in Manchester, MD.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Manchester, MD?
Water treatment facilities perform many tests before the water is sent to your home, and most cities have a reasonably safe water supply. However, there are many potentially dangerous substances that are not regulated or that could accumulate in the water from the pipes leading to your home. Beyond that, 10% of Americans use private wells for their water. Without a proper water test in Manchester, MD, you will never know for sure whether or not your water is safe for drinking.
Some of the signs that you should have a water test include:
- Water with an aftertaste
- Hair and skin that feel like they are still not clean after you wash them
- Water that smells like rotten eggs or that has an odd odor
- Scaly residue on clothes or dishes that were just washed
- Water that tastes like dirt, metal, salt, grass or chlorine
- Regular plumbing problems
- Staining and discoloration on your clothing or dishes after washing
- Plumbing with visible limescale buildup or discoloration
- Soap that does not easily lather when washing
- Plumbing that has not yet been tested for lead and that is in a house built before the late 1970s
- Radon detected in the area or inside of the home
- Gas drilling, mining, coal mining or agricultural operations close to the property
- Experiencing unexplained illness, particularly after moving to a new home or gastrointestinal in nature
- Lingering smell of fuel oil or gasoline outside
- Poor water quality at your neighbor’s house or reported in the news
We offer a free water test in Manchester, MD to help as many homeowners as possible. Your test will give you a detailed, inside look at your private well water or municipal water so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not you should invest in additional treatment or water filtration.
What Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Manchester, MD?
Some of the substances that our thorough water tests can detect include:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
If you use a private well, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends that you have your water tested annually to ensure that it is safe. A water test in Manchester, MD will show you what is present in your well water now.
Whether you use municipal or well water, if you have existing problems that you are aware of, let us know during your water test in Manchester, MD so that we can tailor our feedback further.