You and your family require water that is safe to drink, bathe in and cook with on a daily basis. However, many homeowners don’t know their water contains harmful contaminants. They may dismiss the off taste, strange smell or odd appearance for a long period of time. It can seem like a hassle to get a water test done, but this is something you should address as soon as possible. More than likely, a poor water supply is caused by inefficient storage or damaged piping around your home rather than the water itself. Don’t panic: we can fix it!
The experienced water specialists at Atlantic Blue Water Services can complete your water test in Glen Burnie, MD with care. We will detect the pollutants present in your water supply and present you with a variety of solutions. After we’re done, you’ll have clean, fresh, healthy water you can rely on for day-to-day living.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Glen Burnie, MD?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of water systems across the nation. They update policies and regulations regularly to persist in their efforts. However, 100% pure water is never a guarantee. The only way to know for sure that your water is safe is to have a water test done. If you’re wondering when you should call your local experts for a water test in Glen Burnie, MD here are a few signs that indicate it’s time for a test:
- Bad taste. If your water tastes unappealing, you should get your water tested. In most cases, this isn’t just your taste buds acting up. Trust your instincts and prioritize the safety of your water supply.
- Your soap won’t lather. Have you been using a ton of soap to get your dishes, body and laundry clean? Has your skin felt dry or unclean after a shower? This could be due to hard water.
- Chemical smell. Your pool water should smell like chlorine, but your drinking water should not! If it has a metallic or earthy taste, you should also get your water tested.
- Dirty-looking water. Your water should be clear and pristine. If it has a yellowish tint or contains specks of dirt, there are probably unwanted substances in your water.
- Plumbing issues or build-up on fixtures. Have your faucets been difficult to clean lately? If there is an accumulation of scum or limescale around these areas, or you’ve had frequent plumbing problems, you should call for a water test in Glen Burnie, MD.
- Water supply issues in your community. If your neighbors have mentioned any water problems they’ve had, be proactive. There’s a high chance your supply could also be affected.
What Things Can Be Found During a Water Test in Glen Burnie, MD?
A water test in Glen Burnie, MD, can uncover a number of contaminants in your supply:
- Hard water (build-up of calcium and magnesium)
- Inadequate pH levels
- A surplus of fluoride
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Microorganisms and bacteria
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Contact Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Glen Burnie, MD
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we perform water testing and offer filtration systems that keep your water fresh and pure. After we perform a water test in Glen Burnie, MD, we determine the best treatment to ensure your water is safe. Our water testing process is fast and easy, and we immediately identify the source of contamination. We also offer continued maintenance and testing services so you catch contaminants before they become significant health hazards. Any home or business needs clean water for everyone’s health and well-being. Don’t wait until there’s something wrong with your water supply – call us at 410-544-0088.