All homeowners should have access to water that is safe and clean in their homes. Unfortunately, that is not always the case throughout the United States. It can be difficult to know whether or not your water is clean by simply looking at it with the naked eye. Some issues will be detectable through a strange odor or odd color. Others are almost impossible to notice unless you know exactly what to look for or have professional water testing done. Atlantic Blue Water Services works with homeowners throughout the area to provide them with a water test in Ellicott City, MD.
We have a fine-tuned professional water testing process that can detect exactly what is in your water, including chemicals, contaminants, minerals and more. Some of these things might be present in minor amounts or completely absent, but others can be incredibly dangerous and require water treatment to remove them. Atlantic Blue Water Services is fully licensed and insured, and we have years of experience offering homeowners a water test in Ellicott City, MD. If you are ready to feel good about the water that you drink, contact us today.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Ellicott City, MD?
The United States has a safe and reliable drinking water system as a whole, but the national results are not always the same as more localized results. Homeowners who use private wells, or 10% of Americans, are at an elevated risk of exposure to dangerous contaminants as a result of no testing or professional water treatment before drinking the water.
Some of the signs that you should have a water test in Ellicott City, MD include:
- Water that smells bad or smells like rotten eggs
- Plumbing fixtures with limescale buildup
- Radon in the air inside of your home or detected in the region
- Coal or mining operations nearby
- Agricultural areas or farms nearby
- Water with an odd taste or that tastes like dirt, metal, grass or chlorine
- Dishes and clothes with staining after washing
- Family members who have unexplained health issues, particularly after moving in
- Skin and hair that feel dry even after taking a shower
- Frequent plumbing issues
- Gastrointestinal illness
- Household plumbing that does or that might contain lead
- Water that tastes salty
- Water with visible debris, a strange tint or contaminants floating in it
- Gas drilling operations nearby
- A lingering odor of fuel oil or gasoline outdoors
- Soaps that don’t lather
- Scaly residue left behind on objects that were already washed and rinsed
- Poor water quality reported at other homes in your neighborhood
A complimentary water test in Ellicott City, MD is a great way to learn more about exactly what your water contains.
What Things Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Ellicott City, MD?
Our water test in Ellicott City, MD can test for a complete range of substances, including:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
The Environmental Protection Agency recommends annual water testing if you use a private drinking well. This water test in Ellicott City, MD will make sure that your water is safe, fresh and clean to drink. Even if you have municipal water, it is still a good idea to have regular water testing performed to make sure that your water is free from hazards. Depending on the symptoms that you are experiencing, the tests that we recommend for your situation might change. We can work with you to determine the right water test for you.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Ellicott City, MD
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water test in Ellicott City, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.