Unfortunately, you never know what’s in your water until you perform a water test. While municipal water sources regulate many contaminants, others are not currently monitored by the EPA. Many homeowners don’t feel comfortable relying on the water treatment services provided by their local government. If you own a private well, regular testing is even more important. All kinds of harmful pollutants could be lurking in your supply, and putting off testing simply isn’t worth the risk.
If you need a water test in Crofton, MD, our water specialists at Atlantic Blue Water Services can quickly locate the source of the contamination. Our water testing process is quick and easy, and we’ll help you choose the right water treatment products.
What Pollutants Will Be Identified During a Water Test in Crofton, MD?
After receiving their results, most of our clients are surprised by the amount of pollutants they’ve been consuming. These are just a few contaminants we typically see when we conduct water tests in Crofton, MD:
- Hard water (build-up of calcium and magnesium)
- Inadequate pH levels
- A surplus of fluoride
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Microorganisms and bacteria
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Why You Need a Water Test in Crofton, MD
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) oversees the safety of water systems across the country. While they’re constantly working to update their health-based standards, they can never guarantee perfectly clean water. This is why it’s so crucial to have testing done. American families want to have confidence in the water they use, and testing is the first step in that process. If you suspect that you need a water test in Crofton, MD, you’re probably right. However, paying attention to these signs can also help you know when to call us:
- Bad taste. If there’s something “off” about the taste of your water, you shouldn’t ignore it. Bad-tasting water is usually a sign of bacteria, sediment and other unwanted contaminants.
- Your soap won’t lather. When your soap doesn’t lather quite like it used to, or your skin and hair feel dry after a shower, hard water is likely to blame. Luckily, this problem can be solved with softeners.
- Chemical smell. Does your water smell like a public pool? If so, you should have it tested for chlorine and other chemicals that shouldn’t be in your water.
- Dirty-looking water. The water you use should be clean and clear. If it looks dirty or yellow, we’ll test it and provide you with a range of treatment options.
- Plumbing issues or build-up on fixtures. When mineral deposits and limescale accumulate in and around your fixtures, it can cause issues with your plumbing. Our water test in Crofton, MD will quickly identify the problem.
- Water supply issues in your community. It’s highly important to pay attention to any water safety issues in your neighborhood. If your next door neighbors are dealing with contamination problems, you should have your supply checked ASAP.
Contact Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Crofton, MD
At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we perform water testing and offer filtration systems that keep your water fresh and pure. After we perform a water test in Crofton, MD, we determine the best treatment to ensure your water is safe. Our water testing process is fast and easy, and we immediately identify the source of contamination. We also offer continued maintenance and testing services so you catch contaminants before they become significant health hazards. Any home or business needs clean water for everyone’s health and well-being. Don’t wait until there’s something wrong with your water supply – call us at 410-544-0088.