Your household uses water to hydrate, wash dishes and clothes, maintain personal hygiene, and cook. Impure water exposes you to contaminants that pose health risks. While you don’t have control over the water that comes from your taps, you can eliminate impurities by installing a water filtration system.
The filtration system you need depends on the quality of your water. Before selecting a system, a water test is necessary to determine the filtration solutions you need. Keep reading to learn more about water testing by Atlantic Blue Water Services in Clarksburg, MD.
Why You Should Test Your Clarksburg, MD Water
Organic contaminants and microbes in water are not always detectable by humans. In many cases, people will drink water from a contaminated source for years before getting sick. The list of waterborne contaminants is long and includes:
- Pathogens, such as viruses and bacteria, which can cause gastrointestinal illnesses
- Nitrate and nitrite from chemical fertilizers and human sewage
- Heavy metals, such as arsenic, chromium, copper, lead, and antimony. Heavy metal consumption can cause cancer, chronic toxicity, and damage to organs such as the liver and kidneys. Lead can cause damage to children’s developing brains.
- Magnesium and calcium contamination causes hard water and the build-up of sediment in your pipes, appliances, and hot water tank.
- Microplastic particles in water disrupt hormones and affect reproductive systems.
Find a Water Filtration System That Works Best for You
The water filtration system you need depends on the contaminants in your water in Rockville, MD. These filtration systems have unique mechanisms for the removal, deactivation, or filtration of impurities. A water test will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision on a water filtration system for your Clarksburg, MD home.
You can choose from different water cleaning systems:
- Water softeners remove magnesium and calcium from water using salts or filters.
- UV light water purifiers destroy harmful pathogens by attacking their genetic core.
- Reverse osmosis water treatment filters flowing water to remove contaminants.
After conducting a water test, you will know which contaminants are in your water and which water filtration system you need. For example, if your water tests positive for calcium and the protozoa Microsporidia, we will recommend a filtration system that combines UV light and reverse osmosis water treatments.
Combining units provides a comprehensive water cleaning solution. UV light treatment kills pathogens, but doesn’t remove them from the water, so these purifiers work well with reverse osmosis systems.
You can also combine a water filtration unit with a water softener to prolong the lifespan of your dishwasher and other appliances.
Schedule Free Professional Water Testing in Clarksburg, MD
Many people don’t realize the importance of water that is free of harmful impurities. If your water doesn’t have a strange taste or smell, it may seem harmless and not worth the expense of a filtration system installation. However, the day someone develops a serious health condition, the clock can’t be turned back.
Atlantic Blue Water Services offers free water testing services in Clarksburg, Maryland. Know if your water is clean and safe. Contact us today at (410) 840-BLUE (2583) to schedule a water test. After conducting the analysis, we will recommend the water filtration system you need.