All homeowners should have access to water that is fresh, clean and safe. Tragically, many families do not have access to water that is safe to consume. The water that you use every day to water your plants, wash your body and drink might have dangerous compounds inside of it that are completely odorless, tasteless and invisible to the naked eye. Some water is obviously contaminated with something due to the yellow color or a strong smell of rotten eggs. However, without those obvious indicators, dangerous particles can go undetected. The best way to know exactly what is in your water is with a water test in Bethesda, MD.
If you moved to a new home and aren’t sure what the baseline water quality is or if you are experiencing strange symptoms and think that your water might be the culprit, Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help. We use a thorough, professional water testing process that will detect any chemicals, minerals, contaminants and compounds inside of your home’s water. Many chemicals and minerals are harmless, but others are quite serious and will require treatment to prevent you from dangerous side effects. We have a wealth of experience connecting homeowners with a quality water test in Bethesda, MD.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Bethesda, MD?
Water treatment facilities perform tests on the water that comes into their facilities and that flows out of it. Additionally, the water supply on a larger scale nationally is considered to be quite safe. However, variations locally and in your house’s plumbing could lead to poor quality water inside of your home. Without a water test in Bethesda, MD, you will not be able to know for certain whether your municipal water or well water is safe to consume. Our water tests are quick and thorough and will show you exactly what is inside of your water supply.
Some of the signs that your water might contain dangerous compounds and require a water test in Bethesda, MD include:
- A strange taste
- A taste like dirt, salt, grass, metal or chlorine
- Staining or discoloration on your clothes or linens
- Scaly residue on dishes or clothes after washing them
- Soap that will not lather properly
- A gasoline or fuel oil smell outside of your home
- An odor of rotten eggs or something else foul-smelling
- Hair and skin that feel unclean or dry right after getting out of the shower
- Plumbing that is in an older home and that has not been tested for lead
- Visible limescale buildup on plumbing fixtures
- Radon detected in your region or inside of your home
- Persistent plumbing issues
- New or existing agricultural, coal, mining or gas drilling operations close to your home
- Unexplained symptoms or illness, particularly gastrointestinal illness and particularly after moving to a new living space or new manufacturing or industrial activity in the area
- Other homes in your area with poor water quality
Our free water test in Bethesda, MD is a simple way to see what is in your water and decide whether or not treatment or filtration is necessary.
What Compounds Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Bethesda, MD?
When you schedule your water test, we will test for a complete range of chemicals, minerals and other substances that could be harmful to your health. Some of these compounds include:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
If you have a private well the Environmental Protection Agency suggests that all private well owners have their water tested once a year to ensure there are no hazards present. Our water test in Bethesda, MD is a good way to know what is in your water and make corrections.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Bethesda, MD
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water test in Bethesda, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.