You use water all around your house every day, including to wash your body, to clean your dishes, to wash your clothes, to drink, to cook and more. What if the water you are using for all of those things is actually doing damage? If you have hard water, you need a high-quality water softener to lower the hardness levels and ensure the water you use isn’t wreaking havoc on your appliances and your skin. Atlantic Blue Water Services can provide you with a water softener in Silver Spring, MD if you need the right solution for your hard water. We also offer water testing to pinpoint exactly how severe the problem is.
What Is Hard Water?
Hard water is the term used to refer to water that has high levels of calcium, magnesium and other minerals in it. It is typically much more challenging to utilize around the house for things like washing clothes and bathing, and it also takes a toll on your plumbing. The best way to fix your water hardness problem is with a water softener in Silver Spring, MD.
What Are the Signs You Need a Water Softener in Silver Spring, MD?
Millions of homeowners around the country have some degree of hardness in their water, but many of them don’t even realize it. Some of the signs of hard water are hard to identify if you aren’t sure what to look for, so the damage might be done before you even realize it. How can you identify whether you have hard water and need a water softener in Silver Spring, MD with help from Atlantic Blue Water Services?
- Water Testing: The only way to know the exact hardness level of your water is by having it tested. Atlantic Blue Water Services can assist in testing your water so that you know exactly what it contains. Water with 0 to 60 mg/L of dissolved calcium carbonate is soft to slightly hard water. Water that is 61 to 120 mg/L is moderately hard water, water that has 121 to 180 mg/L of dissolved calcium carbonate is hard and water with levels above 180 mg/L is known as very hard water.
- Scale Accumulation: Scale can appear as spotting or slight mineral build-up on things like dinnerware, glassware, pots, cutlery and more after you wash them. Scale can also build up inside of your dishwasher or washing machine, as well as on the inside of your pipes.
- Staining: Hard water contains elevated levels of dissolved metals and minerals, so it can leave behind staining on porcelain and toilets, bathtubs and sinks. You might also see hardness in the form of scaly, white deposits along your plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Worn or Faded Laundry: Hard water can leave soap residue and mineral deposits behind even after things like shirts and pants are rinsed. If your clothes feel dingy even after they are clean, you might need a water softener in Silver Spring, MD.
- High Utility Bills: If you noticed that your utility bills have been increasing without any changes as to how you are using your electricity and water, you might have scale accumulating in your pipes that is causing your appliances to work harder.
- Dry Hair and Skin: Minerals in hard water can be left behind on your skin and cause your hair or skin to feel itchy, flaky or dry. When you have soft water, it is easy for you to feel clean.
How Can You Fix Hard Water?
The best way to remedy your hard water issues is by installing a water softener in Silver Spring, MD. Atlantic Blue Water Services offers a comprehensive range of water softeners in a variety of price points that are highly effective. We can help you find the perfect water softener for your home that is easy to maintain and does a great job.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services to Replace Your Water Softener
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water softener in Silver Spring, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.