Is the water in your house harming your skin or hair? Are you confident that the water you use every day is free from contaminants and invisible particles that might be damaging your home? Hard water is a very common problem throughout Maryland and the entire United States. Unlike some other water issues, hard water does not typically taste, smell, or look any different. As a result, if you don’t know what signs to look for, you might not even realize you are dealing with it.
Hard water is used to refer to water with high levels of magnesium and calcium. These minerals do not pose an immediate threat to your health, but they can lead to extra wear and tear on your washing machine, leave dishes and glasses covered in water spots, and lead to build-up on your scalp and skin. At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we help homeowners throughout Maryland get the water testing and treatment solutions that they need to live their healthiest lives. How can we help you with a water softener in Rockville, MD?
What Is Hard Water?
Hard water has elevated mineral levels. The most common minerals found in Maryland water are calcium and magnesium. It’s important to note that high mineral levels are not necessarily the result of anything bad happening. Instead, they can occur due to the water cycle, where you are getting your water from, and other factors.
When water testing is performed, hard water is measured in mg/L. The higher that the mg/L number is, the harder that the water is. If your water does not have much mineral content or any at all, it is called soft water. When we perform testing to determine if you need a water softener in Rockville, MD, the levels of hardness that you will see include:
- 0-60 mg/L: soft to slightly hard
- 61-120 mg/L: moderately hard
- 121-180 mg/L: hard
- 180+ mg/L: very hard
Why Is Hard Water a Bad Thing?
Hard water is often ignored by many homeowners who could benefit from a water softener in Rockville, MD because the effects of it are not immediate. Hard water has many bad consequences associated with it, including:
- Scale buildup inside of your pipes
- Washing machines, dishwashers, and hot water heaters that do not last as long
- Needing to use more soap and detergent because they lather poorly
- Soap scum left behind on porcelain surfaces or the surface of your skin or scalp
- Staining on plumbing fixtures and porcelain
- Poor water pressure
- Scale on tiles and fixtures
- Spotting on dishes and glasses
- Clothes that feel dingy or dirty after washing
What Are the Signs You Need a Water Softener in Rockville, MD?
Water testing is the only way to know with 100% certainty whether or not you need a water softener in Rockville, MD and how hard your water is. At Atlantic Blue Water Services, we encourage everyone to have professional testing performed. Additionally, there are some signs you might notice that indicate a need for water softening, including:
- Low or decreasing water pressure
- Appliances that are decreasing in efficiency
- Skin feels dry or itchy
- Hear that feels dull, oily, or stringy
- Scale on plumbing fixtures, faucets, or tile
- Clothes that look dull and dirty even after washing
- Spotting on dishes and glasses
- Staining or discoloration on porcelain or tile surfaces
How Can You Fix Hard Water?
If your house has hard water, you don’t need to panic. There are many solutions available to help you, including a water softener in Rockville, MD. We can maintain and repair a full range of water softening solutions, as we are not tied only to one manufacturer. This allows us to help as many residents like you as possible.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services to Replace or Maintain Your Water Softener
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water softener in Rockville, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 240-474-0426.