Is the water in your home actually doing damage to your plumbing, your appliances, your clothing and your own skin? Homeowners who have hard water are in need of a quality water softener in Gaithersburg, MD to ensure that their water is free from high levels of minerals that can lead to all of those problems and more. Atlantic Blue Water Services can help provide you with water testing and water softening solutions.
What Is Hard Water?
Hard water is water that has high levels of dissolved magnesium and calcium. Hard water generally is more difficult to use for things like bathing and washing, and it is also much harsher on your plumbing systems. The best way to take care of hard water is by using a water softener in Gaithersburg, MD.
What Are the Signs You Need a Water Softener in Gaithersburg, MD?
Millions of homeowners throughout the United States have hard water, but a surprising amount of them don’t even realize it! The signs of hard water can be subtle or hard to identify if you aren’t sure what they are. How can you determine whether or not you should invest in a water softener in Gaithersburg, MD?
- Water Testing: The best way to see exactly how hard your water is is through water testing. We can help test your water so that you can see the precise degree of hardness present. Water that has 0 to 60 mg/L of dissolved calcium carbonate is known as soft to slightly hard, water with 61 to 120 mg/L is moderately hard, water with 121 to 180 mg/L of dissolved calcium carbonate is hard and water that is higher than 180 mg/L is considered very hard.
- Staining: Hard water has high levels of dissolved minerals and metals, so it often leaves behind stains on your toilets, bathtub and sink. It can also leave white, scaly deposits around your faucets and plumbing fixtures.
- Scale Accumulation: Scale can be visible on your pots, dinnerware, glassware, cutlery and other items after you wash them. It can also build up on your dishwasher, washing machine and inside of your pipes and shorten their lifespans.
- Increased Utility Bills: If your water or heating bills have been rising over time, you might want to test your water to see if you have a hardness problem. Scale can clog pipes over time, meaning that your system is working harder to push water through.
- Faded or Worn Laundry: Hard water is not as good at cleaning clothing, so your clothes might look or feel dingy even after washing them.
- Dry Hair and Skin: The minerals present in hard water often leave your skin and hair feeling dry, itchy or flaky. Soap doesn’t lather or rinse properly in water that is very hard, so water softener in Gaithersburg, MD can ensure that your skin and hair stay healthy and clean.
How Can You Fix Hard Water?
The most effective way to fix hard water is by using a water softener in Gaithersburg, MD. We offer a broad range of water softening solutions that are affordable and effective. Whether you have a private well that requires treatment or your local water has high levels of hardness, we have a solution for you. We have numerous all-in-one water treatment systems that are easy to maintain and that do a wonderful, effective job.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services to Replace Your Water Softener
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water softener in Gaithersburg, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.