Choosing to move forward with water testing, water filtration or water treatment is a big decision, and it can also be quite expensive depending on what you are looking for. That means it’s important to get things right the first time. One of the best ways to make sure that you are choosing the right company for your water treatment and testing is by asking them a variety of questions to learn more about their experience level, their products and how they ensure that you have a good experience. A great starting place is with this list of questions to ask your water specialist.
The Best Questions to Ask Your Water Specialist
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a contractor’s license, business license and active liability insurance policy?
- What do my water testing results demonstrate?
- How can I be confident that my water test results will cover the primary contaminants of concern for my home? Are there contaminants that might not be included or that should be added?
- Are there any health hazards present in my water? How do you determine what health hazards are?
- Are the water quality issues present in my home ones that should require a whole-house treatment solution or something that can be placed on the tap or another point of use?
- What is the total purchase price for my water treatment system? What are the amounts that I should expect to pay to maintain the system every year?
- How long will the water treatment system last? When should I plan on needing to replace it again?
- Will I be able to maintain my system on my own or will I need to work with a professional for maintenance?
- Are there any warranties included with the treatment system I will be purchasing? What type of warranty is it?
- Are there any side effects that this treatment system might have on my plumbing or my water quality? Are there any risks of relying on this type of system with my current plumbing and water usage?
- How will I be able to tell that my equipment is working properly? Are there any changes that I should be able to notice in my water, like a different color or odor?
- Do you offer water testing in addition to water treatment options?
- Is there any third party who has validated the quality of the water treatment system that you are recommending?
What to Look for in a Water Specialist
Now that you know the questions you should ask your water specialist, it’s time to review what you should look for. You should always work with a company that is experienced. This indicates that they have installed water treatment systems before and that they are familiar with the challenges that homes in your area might be facing. You should also only work with water treatment companies that are fully insured and licensed. Even though the work they will be doing in your home is less extensive than contracting work, licensing and insurance are there to protect you as a consumer.
When you ask your water specialist questions, you should also pay attention to how they answer. Are they prepared and ready to share with you details about what you are considering purchasing? Do they seem unsure about the products that they offer or how much it might cost to maintain them? You always want to work with a company that is confident in their offerings and how they can help you. At Atlantic Blue Water Services. we are always ready to work with you and answer any concerns that you might have about water testing, your home’s water supply or water treatment.
If you are ready to start enjoying quality water at your home and feel informed about what your water contains, our team is here to help. We have years of experience working with homeowners throughout Maryland to connect them with quality water that they can trust, right in the comfort of their own home. We offer a full spectrum of filtration and treatment solutions that can be tailored to meet your needs and let you have peace of mind about what you are consuming.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for Reverse Osmosis Systems And Water Treatment That Get Results
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners, home sellers, home buyers and business owners in need of a quality water test in Pikesville, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.