Every homeowner deserves to have access to water that is free from contaminants, clean, and safe to consume. However, that is not always the case. Whether you have city water or well water, there is a good chance that undesirable contaminants, chemicals, or compounds could be present in your water. Many of these are virtually unidentifiable inside of your water because they do not change the color, smell, or taste of the water at all. The only way to know exactly what is in your water is with a water test in Walkersville, MD.
Atlantic Blue Water Services offers water testing to homeowners just like you throughout Maryland, and we will provide you with a detailed report that shows you precisely what your water contains. Our process is smooth and seamless from start to finish, and you will receive the information that you need to make decisions about how to filter or treat your water. If you are ready for a water test in Walkersville, MD, you can trust the experienced team at Atlantic Blue Water Services.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Walkersville, MD?
Many communities have water that meets all of the standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. However, those standards do not encompass everything that water can contain and people with private wells have no way of knowing if their water is safe to consume due to the lack of treatment facility testing before consumption. Additionally, if you have municipal water that is treated, it can pick up contaminants on the way to your home and from your own pipes. A water test in Walkersville, MD will let you know exactly what your water contains.
Some of the signs that you could be due for a water test include:
- Water that tastes salty
- Limescale on plumbing fixtures
- Spotting, staining, or grime left behind on clothing or dishes after washing
- Water that has an eggy or unpleasant smell
- Frequent plumbing problems
- Soaps that do not lather correctly
- Radon in your basement
- Water with a strange tint or visible debris
- Skin and hair that feel dry or scummy after getting out of the shower
- Mining, coal, farming, or other agricultural activity located near your house (now or historically)
- Water with a poor taste or that tastes like chlorine, dirt, metal, or grass
- Unexplained health challenges, including gastrointestinal illness
- Outdated household plumbing that might contain lead
- Poor water quality in homes in your neighborhood
- Scaly residue or soap scum on clothes or glasses that were washed
If you have a water test in Walkersville, MD, you will have a close look at all aspects of your water, including the pH, water hardness level, and what minerals and contaminants are present. We can also help you determine what your next steps should be.
What Things Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Walkersville, MD?
When you work with us for your water test in Walkersville, MD, we can help detect a complete range of substances and contaminants, including:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
If you have a private well, the EPA suggests having it tested annually so that you know exactly what is in it. Even if you use city water, it could still contain dangerous substances. When we schedule your test, you should let us know about any issues or problems that you have noticed so that we can make sure the proper tests are ordered.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Walkersville, MD
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water test in Walkersville, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.