Every homeowner deserves safe, clean water in their home. Unfortunately, it can be challenging to know if your water is clean by examining it with the naked eye. While some problems will give a strange scent or color, others are virtually invisible without testing done. Atlantic Blue Water Services helps homeowners like you with a professional water test in Timonium, MD.
Our professional water testing process is designed to determine the exact chemicals, minerals and compounds present in your water. While some of these might be present in harmless levels or not present at all, others can be very hazardous and require water treatment. We are licensed and insured and have years of experience providing homeowners with a water test in Timonium, MD. Beyond our testing, we also offer cutting-edge water treatment options that give you safe, clean water 24/7.
Why Should You Have a Water Test in Timonium, MD?
Thankfully, the United States has one of the safest and most reliable drinking water systems nationwide. However, the results on a national scale are not always reflected on a local level. Homeowners who use private wells, or 10% of Americans, are at an increased risk of being exposed to hazardous contaminants due to the lack of professional water treatment before drinking the water.
Some of the signs that you should have your water tested include:
- Water that tastes strange or like dirt, metal, grass or chlorine
- Water that smells bad or like rotten eggs
- Water that has visible debris, a tint or things floating in it when you look at it in a clear glass
- Plumbing fixtures that have limescale buildup
- Dishes and clothes that are stained after washing
- Family members who are experiencing unexplained illness, particularly after moving into a new rental or home
- Skin and hair that feel dry even after taking a shower
- Plumbing problems happening frequently
- Gastro-intestinal illness that is recurrent
- Radon in the indoor air or region
- Household plumbing that may contain lead
- Soaps that don’t lather and scaly residues left behind on objects that were washed
- Agricultural areas nearby
- Coal or mining operations nearby
- Gas drilling operations nearby
- A persistent odor of fuel oil or gasoline outdoors, or being located near a gas station or buried fuel tank
- A salty taste
- A junkyard, landfill or factory located nearby
- Poor water quality reported at other homes in your neighborhood
A free water test in Timonium, MD from Atlantic Blue Water Services is the best way to know exactly what is in your water.
What Things Can Be Detected During a Water Test in Timonium, MD?
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Poor pH levels
- Hard water
- Coliform bacteria
- Dissolved solids
The EPA recommends annual water testing if you have a private drinking supply. This testing will ensure that you continue to drink safe, fresh and clean water. If your family is expecting, the EPA has more aggressive recommendations and suggests testing your water before the baby is born and again during the first six months. The tests needed for your specific situation also may change depending on the symptoms you are experiencing. For example, if you have taste or odor issues, chloride, sulfate, iron and manganese testing might be appropriate. If there was a chemical spill near your water supply, VOC testing is even more important.
Call Atlantic Blue Water Services for a Water Test in Timonium, MD
Atlantic Blue Water Services is here to help homeowners and business owners in need of a quality water test in Timonium, MD. Call us today to schedule your water testing at 410-840-2583.